coronavirus (covid-19) updates on fitness services
Updates On In-Person, On-Site Fitness Services
In line with the Singapore government’s latest announcements to tighten measures after a spike in COVID-19 community transmissions (Phase 2 - Heightened Alert), the following safety measures and other precautionary safeguards will be put in place with immediate effect between the period of 16 May 2021 and 13 June 2021.
In accordance to the advisories released by Sport Singapore and ActiveSG, and in conjunction with general directives issued by international fitness organizations like ACSM, ACE, IDEA etc, and in line with our own existing in-house regulations, please note that the following will be implemented during all our fitness services till further notice:
1) Only One-On-One Personal Training services will be conducted during this period. Group size will be kept strictly to 2 individuals, inclusive of your trainer/coach.
2) The default exercise location for all workout sessions will be OUTDOORS in order to allow for adequate ventilation at all times. Face masks are to be worn at all times during these outdoor training sessions. However, in the event that the workout sessions become more strenuous or when intensity level rises beyond a certain comfort point, you - the client -may choose to remove your face mask to facilitate breathing. Do note however, that your trainer/coach will be keeping his mask on throughout the session.
3) If and when an outdoor location is not feasible, then a suitable indoor location may be chosen which satisfies all stated safety measures (eg. group size, capacity, ventilation, safe distancing etc). Do note that for all indoor home training sessions, exercise intensity will be kept at a low level and face masks are to be worn at all times by BOTH you - the client - and your trainer/coach.
4) A physical distance of 2 metres (2 arm-lengths) is to be maintained in general between client and trainer as long as an exercise session is in progress due to the higher risk of spread of respiratory droplets.
5) Physical contact in the form of spotting, physical adjustments, bodily alignment etc will be kept to the MINIMUM and used only when absolutely necessary - eg. in the interest of safety. For the aforementioned purposes, your trainer will don single-use, disposable gloves during each and every workout session as an additional precaution.
5) Clients are strongly advised to use their own personal equipment (eg. exercise mats). If this is not possible, common equipment that is used will be wiped down and sanitized after each and every user.
6) Hand Sanitizers and Antiseptic Hand Wipes will be made available to both client and trainer, and to be used as and when needed.
7) Other individualized considerations and measures may also be taken and implemented as and when necessary.
Do note also that the above parameters will be reviewed from time to time, and necessary adjustments may be taken depending on the COVID-19 situation and further government advisories.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the above, please feel free to get back to me.
In the meantime, THANK YOU all for your patience, understanding and support!
Looking forward to working with all of you on your fitness needs and goals!